Monday 14 April 2014

Roasted Carrot Hummus Recipe



I’ve been a bit passionate on roasted carrots lately & never construct any furtive of my love of legumes, so combining the two is a marriage made in ecstasy in my book.  I had 2 cans of chick peas on give and a few carrots in the back of the veggie bin, so I figured I would try making a recipe for Roasted Carrot Hummus.
http://tunapastabake.net/


Ingredients
  • ½ pound carrots
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • ¼ cup + ½ tsp olive oil
  • ¼ tsp + ½ tsp Kosher salt
  • 2 (15-16 oz) cans chick peas (garbanzo beans)
  • ¼ cup Sesame Tahini
  • ⅔ cup water
  • ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice

http://tunapastabake.net/
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Peel carrots. chop off ends and slice on the diagonal into approx 1 inch thick pieces. Peel garlic cloves.
  3. Mix the carrots & garlic in ½ tsp oil and ¼ tsp Kosher salt. Lay out on shallow oven safe pan or baking sheet. Roast for 12 minutes, mix them up, and return to oven to roast 8 more minutes. Then set aside to cool.
  4. Add the roasted carrots and garlic to food processor, along with all the remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth 


No comments:

Post a Comment